January 19–25, 2012
This workshop is designed primarily for advanced central-bank modelers interested
in developing nonlinear macro models. The first 2 days of the workshop will
focus on applications and the remaining 4 days will provide hands-on training in
DYNARE and IRIS. Prof. Christiano lectures will cover: introduction to projection
and perturbation methods, banking models with nonlinear features, an estimated
model for the Great Depression, which requires using second order perturbation
methods and applying nonlinear Kalman filter methods. Prof. Juilliard lectures will
cover: exact solution of deterministic models, approximate solution of non-linear
stochastic models including of higher order approximation and extended path
method, and discussion of approximation errors.
Cartagena de Indias, Colombia
Hilton Cartagena, Avenida Almirante Brión, Cartagena, Colombia
Phone: 57-5-6650660 Fax: 57-5-6652211 http://www.hilton.com
Organizers: International Monetary Fund and Central Bank of Colombia
Doug Laxton (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Laura Leon (email@example.com), Noor Tarawneh (NTarawneh@imf.org),
Franz Hamann (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Here are some information to facilitate the organization of the next Macro Modeling Workshop in Cartagena.
- The Hilton Hotel at Cartagena, where the workshop is organized, has proposed
discount for accomodation:
- The complete list of countries without visa requirement in Colombia is given in the enclosed file. If you are from a country not on this list you probably need to apply for a visa at the Embassy of Colombia.
- Single Accommodation: USD $165 per night including breakfast
- Double Accommodation: USD $195 per night including breakfast
- To get a reservation contact Elizabeth Arteta (Elizabeth.Arteta@hilton.com).